- Use of device Accelerometer
- Has a Stop Watch to start and stop counting.
- History saves the users past readings.
- Can be used in 2 different positions
- Step calculation is based on an optimized set of Equations
Built using Appcelerator Titanium, a cross platform tool, to create an output for both iOS as well as Android, this app is a Pedometer used to gauge the number of steps taken by the user. It uses a stop watch and the device’s Accelerometer to detect any movement of the user. This is transformed into steps through an optimized equation. The equation is adapted to two positions of the device – one is when it is kept in the trouser pocket of the user, wherein the expected movement is more vigorous, and the other is when placed in the shirt pocket. This optimization in the equations was done with a lot of testing and feedback. Also gives information about different fitness products