One of the oldest forerunners of cross-platform mobile technology…
As mobile technology continues to evolve, apps will become more and more sophisticated. With tools like Titanium streamlining the production process, creating and monetizing apps for multiple frameworks becomes easier than imagined!
Titanium: A bridge between the app’s JS code and the native OS
Appcelerator Platform’s Highlights…
- Gives you your own MBaaS – Mobile Backend as a Service in the form of Arrow. Also offers Arrow Cloud, and Arrow DB.
- Real-time mobile analytics available for every native app – whether built with Titanium or native iOS & Android SDKs.
- Automated Testing Platform that eliminates manual testing efforts, while also creating a fail-proof road map.
Case Study: Basketball Courts Check-in App
Synsoft’s first project in Titanium was a very interesting Basketball League network app. This application targeted Basketball Players and Coaches. Time-to-market and multi-platform support were two important criteria for the success of the app, and that lead us to selecting Titanium as the technology of choice with mutual consent form the client.
Titanium was in a stable but very initial stage and our team faced several challenges before we were able to complete the app as desired. The app had a geo-location based Basketball court discovery page that showed users nearby basketball courts. A player/coach had the facility to check-in and check-out of a court automatically. While checked into a court, users could detect other players or teams playing at the same court. Finally users could rate the game of the players whose games they observed.
The primary challenges we faced were on the user experience for the Android…
- Performance of the app on Android
- Bringing smoothness into animations, especially for Android
But over all there was satisfactory progress on the development and we were much within the timeline.