The Rise of Cross-Platform Mobile Development
The huge surge in the demand for cross-platform mobile development is coherent with the rising usage of mobile applications for day-to-day businesses operations as well as for personal convenience. As the target market expands its reach from critical operations to smaller, pettier routines, it also fairly increases the mandate for wider device coverage, lower cost and reduced time to market. In consideration of these demands placed on the developer, came the rise of cross-platform technologies! Along with that, came the surprisingly rapid engagement on these technologies, which has proven undoubtedly beneficial for the mobile development team at Synsoft.
The various cross-platform technologies indulged in by Synsoft are
Xamarin becomes the most pursued cross-platform tool
Currently, the most sought-after technology for cross-platform mobile development is Xamarin – a result rooted in the prominence of C#. In the past year, we observed a sharp rise in the demand for cross-platform development, and understandably so, because not only do consumers expect it to be a huge effort saver, but it also seems to have now grown out of its infancy. Not to mention the seamless and almost instant conversion of C# developers from web or desktop apps to mobile app development. Xamarin has now become a much more stable and productive tool. Synsoft has completed several mobile applications in Xamarin and continues to work on it. It’s a perpetually growing, skilled and expert team at Synsoft as Xamarin Development Company India!
- To target iOS, Android, Windows and Mac with a single, shared C# codebase. Use the same language, APIs and data structures on every platform.
- Xamarin apps are built with standard, native controls. Apps look and behave the way the end user expects them to.
- Xamarin is always up-to-date with the latest APIs from Apple and Google.
- The Xamarin Test Cloud which enables us to test our apps on over 1000 devices in the cloud, before releasing it.
- Real-time crash and exceptions monitoring help to improve apps
Case Studies in Xamarin
- A Mobile Stamp-Card App (similar to a Deals-Redemption-App) using QR code scanning. Recently we began an interesting project of building a Stamp-Card Mobile App using Xamarin, wherein customers can collect stamps as rewards at the end of their spend, and once they have a certain number of Stamps then these can be redeemed through a QR code. Rules govern the distribution as well as redemption of stamps, and can be preset using the administrative module developed in ASP.net MVC, supported by Azure Web Services created in ASP.net Web API.
- A complete multi-brand e-commerce app uses Xamarin for mobile development and a backend in Node.js and Mongo DB. We are working on this vast but interesting SaaS application that allows white labeling of the mobile apps before they will go to the stores. The target devices are Android, iPhone and Windows phones.
- Task List on the IPad. One of our initial projects on Xamarin Forms was an IPad based Task List manager, to add and maintain tasks that had attributes of weightage and completion time. An interesting gamification module played out incentives to the user to complete tasks in continuity. As Xamarin Forms was a new feature added by Xamarin, Synsoft’s team had to put in considerable study and effort into this project.
- A two-app combination that allows Employers to create Jobs and allot them to their Employee base. The counter app, allows Employees to accept these jobs, Clock-in and Clock-out hours, with GPS tracking. An interesting app that is being continuously evolved to accommodate more functionality.
Those are a handful of new ventures embarked upon with Xamarin! Synsoft hopes to put in the same energy into every problem served, every new endeavor initiated!
Hire Dedicated Xamarin Development Company India For Ecommerce App
…Aptly called The Solutions Provider, Synsoft has much to look forward to in a world where expectations seem to slide more and more towards perfection, and technologies more and more towards enhancements! Xamarin provides the perfect platform for us to exploit.